Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Tonights Menu:-) Day #3

Well I've been trying something new in the kitchen for the last two days so I decided that I would continue to embark on that journey today.  So  I'm planning on making my regular fried chicken which is boneless and skinless chicken breast, which works out great for us because it's easier for the kids to enjoy and it's a lot healthier.

Now I  know that there are going to be some people who stick their nose up at the thought of friend chicken breast because they may think that that part of the chicken will come out too dry.  But I am here to tell you that if you are selectful of where you purchase your chicken and you are careful not to overcook it I can guarantee to you that it will come out tasting both moist and delicious.   I'll give you an example for us.  I started out getting my meats at Food 4 Less and/or Staters but once it got to expensive for us to go there I started shopping mainly at either Walmart, Target, and Fresh And Easy.  To clarify I wouldn't get my meat at Target but I would get them at Wally's World( our nick name for Walmart lol) or Fresh And Easy.

Well one day I decided that I would try Albertsons down the way since I had a discount card for them and the meat that I ended up cooking from that store came out rubbery and flat tasting.  I knew that it was the brand from Albertsons because I knew for a fact that I did not overcook it.  It was just an off tasting chicken.  It even looked smaller and more sad looking then the other chicken breast that I had purchased before from other stores.  So after going back to my usual places to buy my meat I knew that I would continue to buy from my usual places.

I'm not saying that every Albertsons are terrible when it comes to their meat selection but I am telling you my experience with the Albertsons that used to be close by to us.  They closed down not too long ago.

So back to tonight's dinner, what will be new for this evenings menue? My own personal take on a mac and cheese casserole.  We all love mac and cheese here so I know that it will be a hit.  I'm just excited to try a different recipe to see how we all enjoy it.  I will be back later to share pictures with you like I did yesterday:-D  Today is a great day!!  Be Blessed! Be Inspired!


UPDATE!!  Well I ran out of flour and didn't replace my previous bag so I can't fry chicken:-(  But what I will do is sear the chicken breast, top it off with a light seasoning and put it in the oven to finish.  Once it's almost done cooking through I'll top it with tomatoes and chilies.  The mac & cheese is now in the oven so Once that's done I'll post pictures:-D  Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment