Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Chevron Crazy.

Well how are you doing this fine morning?  My fingers are a little stiff from the cold so I'm going to try to type this out as efficiently and as quickly as i can so I can go warm up.  This weekend was amazing and this week so far has been great.  We just got baby girls progress report and she's doing EXCELLENT in school so we're going to treat her with something.   I'm not sure what that something is going to be but whatever it is it's going to be amazing.

So I have a couple of things to get started on this weekend but the first thing that I have to get started on for sure is my cousins ear warmers.  I still have a few things to get for her but since money is so tight right now I'm going to use some of my left over yarn to make her something since she's going to be down this weekend.  Once I find what pattern I'm going to use I will share with you.

When it comes to my blankets, if you were reading some of my previous posts then you will know that I just finished a houndstooth baby blanket last week and today I'm letting you know that I started yet another one so I can say goodbye to all my extra yarn so I can make room for more lol.  The pattern that I'm working with is Shaded Blanket by Vanna White.  Now I had tried time and time again in the past to make a chevron stitched blanket but I always in whatever way possible screwed it up so i just gave up on it.  So fast forward to almost three years later and I decided that I was going to try again and it's looking awesome so far!!

So what do I think of the pattern so far?  It's very easy to follow so I know that anyone can do this project.  The sizing on the other hand is a little disappointing because the size that I decided to work up, which is the baby sized blanket, has turned out to be too small.  I can see if it were a preemie blanket but from what I read it's supposed to be a regular sized baby blanket but it isn't.  I'm going to finish it up and give it away as a car seat blanket because I think the size of the blanket would make it an appropriate  car seat accessory.  I will do this again but the next time I do it I will stick with the bigger size both for adult and baby gifts.

Well that's all the updates I have for now so I'll be back to share more later.  Be Blessed!  Be Inspired!!


No comments:

Post a Comment