Monday, January 14, 2013

Joy Of Cooking.

My mother in law gave me a giant book called "Joy Of Cooking" which made me super thankful to her because if you know me, then you know that I LOVE to cook and find different recipes to try for my family.  This book which resembles a food bible to me is packed with all types of different recipes so I decided that I was going to try to work through at least half of this book before the year is over.

SO tonight for this week is spaghetti night so I'm going to use a recipe from here to see how it comes out and I will try my best to remember to take pictures before we indulge:-D Okay so I'm going to go ahead and try to make the "Maria's Twenty-Minute_ tomato Sauce" which happens to be enough for one pound of pasta.  For those who have the book it's on the bottom left hand side on page 305

What am I going to need? 1 medium onion, carrots, garlic,  one 28-ounce can whole tomatoes with juice, oregano, sugar, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and olive oil.  Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment