Friday, January 25, 2013

Lip Balm trial #2!!

So I tried the honey and oil method yesterday and tried the Vaseline method today and I like the Vaseline version a lot beter.   WORD OF CAUTION:  BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO MICROWAVE EYESHADOW THAT MAY CONTAIN PARTICLES  OF METAL.  I WENT TO MICROWAVE MY MIXTURE AND DIDN'T REALIZE THAT MY SHIMMERY BALM THAT I HAD CREATED HAD BITS OF METAL WHICH CAUSED FOR A SHORT LIGHT SHOW IN MY KITCHEN LOL.  Other than that everything turned out great.  Oh!  I went ahead and got the vaseline with the coco butter so there wasn't any need for me to put any kind of extract in since it already smells divine.    
Photo: Cant wait to make more colors. I wanted to use a light color this time but there's a darker color lip stick that's almost empty in my makeup box so I will be using that pretty soon to make another balm.  If you're feeling crafty and you want to try something fun for yourself and/or for another friend then you should try this.  It's fun.  The videos for this project is posted in one of my previous lip balm post so be sure to check them out for more information.




No comments:

Post a Comment