Thursday, January 24, 2013

Homemade Lip Gloss & Lip Balm!

Oh best believe that I'm going to get my hands dirty in making a few batches for myself and for my kids!  How is everyone doing today?  Well besides it being completely wet and cold out side, I'm nice and warm in my dining room writing to you so I'm fabulous. 

Okay so I recently went on youtube to try to figure out some fun beauty tips that I hadn't heard of yet and came across several videos that were helpful BUT the main video that I found pretty awesome were two different videos on making homemade lip glosses and lip balms.  My first reaction was NO WAY!  But as I stayed tuned to the videos and watched them I knew that I had to try this with my girls. 

So for those of you who don't know my baby girls they are both beautiful little ladies who LOVE to get into their mommy's make, mainly the lip gloss, and I've been trying to find different ways to get them to STOP sneaking into my stash.  Lol yes I've tried hiding them and placing them in high places but I have ninja children so I needed to find another way to get them turned to something else so a beautiful quick fix was for them to have their own lip gloss so other people, and myself, started getting them their own glosses and balms which was fine BUT now that I've found these videos I will NOT be buying any lip care for my girls for quite a while.  The main reason being that they don't keep up with the glosses/balms very well so they get lost rather quickly.  But in their defense one is in kindergarten and the other is a toddler so I'm not mad at them:-D

They love being in the kitchen with me and they LOVE doing arts and crafts together so I knew that this project would be just amazing for all of us girls.  I haven't figured out what I wanted to do with my son yet but he's a little over a year so I think he'll be forgiving of me and he'll give me a little more time to figure something out:-)  Okay so for the balms you'll need a small container to hold the balm once it's complete, Vaseline or petroleum jelly, food coloring, tooth pics and small bowl to work in.  For the gloss you'll need vaseline or the petroleum jelly, and either a lip stick or eyeshadow, small bow to work in, and some type of mixer.  I'll let the videos do the rest and I'll be sure to post pictures on here tomorrow of what we did!!  So excited!!

Be Blessed.  Be Inspired.

How to make LIP GLOSS/BALM

HOW TO MAKE YOUR LIPGLOSS OR A TINTED LIP BALM AT HOME

 

No comments:

Post a Comment