Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Who Thinks That I'm Too Young To Knit & Crochet? Change Is Good.

It doesn't happen everyday that I will actually admit that change can be good for us but it's the truth.  You see I'm not one that welcomes change with open arms and as a matter of fact I tend to try to fight it every step of the way but I'm learning that not all change in life is horrible.

I'm not quite sure what's about to happen within our little family but I do feel like there's some kind of a blessing that's getting ready to manifest and I can't help but be extremely excited about it.

This is completely off topic but I had someone say that I was too young to knit/crochet so my question is what's too young to do these projects?  Or any DIY projects??  Why should I pay and another person, whether they're young or old, to do the same exact things that I can do and do better at that??  It never occurred to me that I was supposedly doing something that was a bit too old for me but if that fact is true then I welcome acting old.  I've been acting older that my peers my entire life so that's nothing new to me. 

When it comes to the projects that I have been doing, I started off crocheting my heart away, then I decided to become brave and started knitting and became hooked to that.   BUT now I believe that it's time to get back what I started a little over a year ago and that is to finish sewing a dress for myself and the girls, and a couple of button down shirts and slacks for my little guy.  There is something about making my own apparel that's sweet and satisfying at the same time because I can take extra pride in what we (my kids and myself) wear because I know that it was myself that made would have made them with my own two hands.  My momma made some things for me when I was extremely young,  I watched my aunt make numerous things for my cousins and so now I wish to do the same for my own children.



Well I have plenty of dinner and dessert to finish up so Be Blessed & Be Inspired!




No comments:

Post a Comment