Thursday, July 19, 2012

Soft Baby Block Tutorial

 Soft Baby Block Tutorial


Good morning to you.  Today is going to be an interesting day because the family and I are about to embark on a once in a life time journey today, but before we do that I wanted to share a short tutorial with you because this is something that I am going to do for a order that I'm working on.

  So my sister -in - law wanted to order a baby blanket from me to give to one of her co-workers because they are expecting a baby pretty soon.  So I started brain storming of what all I could do besides the blanket and came up with making a hat, booties and mittens to go along with it.  But while shopping for the yarn that I needed i came across a cute soft baby block that was made out of four granny squares and I knew right then that I HAD to add that into the set as well.  So here's what I do!!

What you'll need:Size H crochet needle or size to obtain guage, yarn needle, four skeins of whatever yarn and whatever color you want to use, and what I call fluff.  You'll need this to fill the block that way its nice and plush.


Here we go!!  I make six granny squares whatever size I need them to be.  I'll do two granny squares a solid color and the other four will be multi colored.

Then once I'm done with all my granny squares I start sewing them together.  I sew the squares in this order :  Sew square  the four square As together then connect that sides together to make a square.  Sew a square B on the top of the of the four squares you just put together.  Before I sew on my last granny square I start filling it with the fluff.  Sew last seem and there you go!

Now when it comes to how I sew everything together I like to use a whip stitch but you can use whatever stitch that you are comfortable with.  I'll be sure to add in plenty of pictures and other things that may help you.

I'll be sure to add pictures later.  Be Blessed & Be Inspired!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment