Monday, July 23, 2012

Teddy Bear Blanket Is Complete!

Teddy!!!
 Without the border

I finally finished this blanket after ten fun days of knitting and I am so happy with how it came out.

A lacy finish.

I found this pattern on ravelry.com and the actual link to this pattern is http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/teddy-bear-baby-blanket  
The pattern was so easy to follow and the blanket knitted up rather quickly.  Being that the pattern called for two pieces of yarn held together throughout the entire knitting process I tried to get my hands on enough yarn to do so.   But I sadly couldn't so I decided to go ahead and try this pattern with a single piece of yarn this time around and I'm glad that I did because it came out great, and it's actually perfect that it turned out this way being that the baby is due in the late summer.

Would I suggest this pattern to other knitters?  Absolutely!  This project isn't just for beginners or just for the experienced but for all knitters.  If you know how to purl and knit and you know how to count then you got this pattern down.  And it isn't just the fact that the blanket is super easy to finish but the pattern itself is supper easy to play around with because there are endless ways you could personally design your blanket if you take the time to.

And when it comes to the designer of this blanket I have fallen for two other patterns she has made and I'm currently working on another blanket designed by the same maker of this lovely blanket.

So there it is.  I love this pattern and I think that if you're up to trying something cute for a friend or family member then this is something for you to try.  As  I said before, I will be using this pattern again.

Be Blessed & Be Inspired!!

No comments:

Post a Comment