Sunday, March 17, 2013

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie Review

So before I get completely started with this review I will have a video up on youtube soon so you can see my review there as well. 

So what did I think?  Well before I purchased this product for myself I had viewed countless people on youtube praising the product by saying how great it left their curls and how moist and healthy their hair looked after using the smoothie so I felt that it was time for me to get this AMAZING product myself. 

How did I apply it to my hair?  Well after co washing with the conditioner of my choice I put a little bit of hair elixer into my hair and sprayed my hair with my water/ovoo mixture and then took pieces of my hair. applied the smoothie to my hair, detangled if I needed to and then twisted my hair.  While looking into the jar before getting in contact with it it looked VERY thick but once I rubbed it inbetween my fingers it seemed a lot more thin to me BUT it smells great.

How did it leave my hair?  It left my hair looking more frizzy and dryer than I have seen it in a LONG time so I obviously was not thrilled with this product at all.  But being that I payed $10 for it want to try to make this work for my hair, took two spoon fulls of the smoothie and put it into a separate jar, then took the oils of my choice and added it to the smoothie.  I then mixed it all together and tried to reapply it to my hair.  Hopefully this will work for me otherwise I will not be using this again.  Well I gotta get ready for church so I'll be back later to write more:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment