Saturday, March 2, 2013

My Hair Is In Rollers!

So I went ahead and did what I promised, which was to take out my braids, wash, condition and style my hair.  So my ORIGINAL plan was to dye my hair last nigh as well but that didn't happen because I wasn't able to get the dye *womp womp womp* BUT I plan on doing so next weekend so that will be fun I hope!

So what did I do to actually style my hair last night?  Well I decided to go with a twist roll out.  A lot of youtubers will tell you to section your hair out first to detangle then go back to twist and roll your hair but that was just WAY too much work for me to even think about doing and especially being that it was already late and I was super sleep so I detangled my hair as I went and as it turns out after conditioning my hair with coconut oil, having one good co wash with an awesome an shampoo that had in my shower and another great conditioner my hair was anything BUT tangled.  So the difficult time that I usually would have had detangling my hair didn't happen last night:-)

So I parted my hair in the front the way that I wanted my hair to and then started twisting pieces of my hair then I took a flexible roller and rolled my hair.  I sadly didn't get enough rollers last night before so I had to do bandeau twist out towards that back of my head but I'll get more rollers today that way I'll have all of my hair rolled and ready to go for church tomorrow. And then of course I tied my hair up with a silky doo rag of some sort.

I can't say whether I'm happy or sad about how my hair came out because it's still in rollers but what I can say is that I really did enjoy co washing with conditioner and I will do for the majority of my washes.  Oh!!  When it comes to what I put in my hair after my wash.  I used a spray that is the same make as the last conditioner that I used...I can't remember the product names now but when I post a before and after picture of my hair onto my next post I'll post everything that I used.  So after that spray I put in an oil that helps stop breakage all over my hair, then while combing the peices of hair that I was about to twist and curl I applied a dime size amount of IC oil..can't remember the full name of it but again I will post everything I used for last nights wash. 

So far after all is said and done my hair is just very very soft and I'm excited to keep up with my natural hair for the years to come.  There are several other products that I want to try on my curls so you will be reading more from me about that.  Okay I think I wrote enough about my hair for now so I'll be back later to show you results!

No comments:

Post a Comment