Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Own Pesonal Struggle.

Okay so after watching a youtube video I decided that I would open up as well about my own personal struggles growing up.  And I'm not sharing this to get sympathy or anything like that but to just share with you what I went through as a young woman and how I came over it.


.While growing up I was often referred to by some friends and family as the "white girl" of the group and although I'm clearly not white that's what stuck and I just couldn't understand why that name had to belong to me.  Was it my light skin tone or the way that I dressed?  Maybe was it the way that I talked or the way that I  carried myself?  Who knows..all I know is that I was the "white girl" and for a really long time I did not like it.  It actually made me feel very uncomfortable and confused with where I socially belonged.  

Today the whole "white girl" nick name doesn't bother me but I've decided to make that name apart of me and who I am as a person because I Know that if I didn't I would continue to hate the nick name I would grow to resent the people who called me that name.  I had to come to the realization that no matter what other people may have called me in the past or whatever they thought of me, no one could lable me but myself and the Lord and that just because some people called me white girl didn't make it true. 

I guess the reason why I wanted to write this quick blog was because for the longest time I thought that I was alone in that issue but after listening to other people speak on the same issue I'm relieved to learn that I am not.  Well there's a lot more that I wanted to write to you but between having to run around with the kids and cleaning I just couldn't.  Please be blessed and share your thoughts with me.  Be Blessed.  Be Inspired.  Spread Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment