Saturday, March 9, 2013

My Second Wash!! What a crazy night I had!!

Hello readers and how are you doing today?  Well before I head back off to church I wanted to share my experience with washing and conditioning my hair:-)  Now I had planned for my wash to go a certain way but it ended up going a little differently than expected but THAT'S OKAY because my hair came out awesome.

Okay so how did I get started?  Well I wanted to have another deep conditioning this week because, as I had stated in my last couple post, I had just come out of braids and my hair needed some extra love.  So after doing my first deep conditioning in a VERY LONG TIME last week I wanted to do one more yesterday evening.  And I don't plan on doing a deep conditioning EVERY week but regular conditioning will be apart of my weekly regiment.  Okay so I started out by mixing Castor Oil and Organics Cholesterol Tea-Tree Oil Conditioner together in an empty hair grease jar I have and after I mixed a little bit of each together I started sectioning off my hair into medium sized pieces and started to detangle that piece.  After the piece of Hair was detangled I would apply some to my scalp and would massage that in, and then would apply more to my hair.  Once I rubbed the mixture in my hair and scalp I would braid that piece of hair and I continued this regiment all over my head till all of my hair was covered my my picture and braided.  So I then put a plastic cap over my head and left my hair alone for about half an our. So if you read the directions on tegh back of the tea tree oil conditioner you will read that you're only supposed to leave it on for a couple of minutes but I didn't listen lol.

ANYWHOO:-)When 30 minutes came I went ahead and got back in the shower to rinse my hair out.  Now I tried using the leave the braids in method while I rinse but that just DID NOT work at all okay so I had to take my braids out while I was in the shower so I could attempt to rinse my hair out.  OKAY so as you know I'm not a believer in washing my hair with shampoo every week because I like to cowash with conditioner so I tried washing with V05 conditioner but the previous conditioner just would NOT COME OUT lol.  So being that I was running late to go pick a cake up with my husband I took out what I could and got out the shower to make the run with my husband.  So after two hours of rocking my wash and go(super fly!!)I came back home, put ALL the groceries away, started a load of dishes and started making a late night pot of my mac and cheese for the family.  Once that was all taken care of I went BACK in the shower to wash my hair with some shampoo, but that's because I was desperate to get all the oil out LOL, and that worked like a charm!  I then got out the shower, put a small amount of V05 back into my hair then let my hair air dry for the next 20 minutes.

After my hair was somewhat dry I started adding my Carols Daughter Lisa's Elixer and Olive oil Frizz control oil to my hair.  Parted my hair where I wanted then started twisting and rolling my hair.

After that LONG night my hair came out feeling so soft and STRONG:-).  I haven't taken my hair out of the twist and rollers yet but Once I do I'll take a picture so you can see what my hair looks like now.  So after two deep conditionings I won't do another for another two weeks.  Oh!  And I do have to say that the VO5 conditioner ROCKS and it's super cheap.  LOVE It.  Alright well I just wanted to update you on my hair journey and oh!!  I did a length check last night and I"m very very happy and where my hairs at now and I can't wait for it to grow even more.  I think I'll even take a picture of my length check so you can see where I'm at right now.  Well I have plenty to do so please be blessed today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment