Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Crazy for Cables!!

Cabled Baby Beanie

Well Today is another day to share some pretty fun projects that I've been up to and I'm so excited because this is another project that I put together myself.  That's right!!  I didn't use a pattern except from the book " 99 Knitting Stitches" and that was to get the cable pattern and seed sttich that I wanted to use.

I've been pretty scared of trying to cable because it just seemed to complex and confusing to try so I stayed away from patterns that had anyting to do with it.  But today was the day that I decided to brave it out and try and it came out pretty awesome so I wanted to share what I put together with you.

Now I'm very sure that this pattern isn't perfect because I'm still extremely new to the pattern making process but I do promise that you will get a decent looking piece of work once you're done.

What did I try today that had a cable stitch included?  I went ahead and made an infant beanie mainly because I'm all about making hats and booties at this time to fill up my blessed box so here it is!!

What you need: Size 10 knitting Needle, yarn of your choice ( I went ahead and used Redheart ), measuring tape, ( you don't NEED it but its handy to have ), cable needle, and a yarn needle.

The multiple of  the Cable - Six Stitch Cable is 11 sts +1
 Cable 6 back (C6b) =Slip next 3 sts onto cable needle and hold in back of work, k3 from left needle, k3 from cable.


Brim
Cast on 34 sts( or however many you wish to co)
Seed stitch through rows 1-8

Main Body of Hat
Row 1 and ALL wrong side rows: P1, (k2, p6, k2, p1)across

Row2: (Right Side) K1,(p2, k6, p2, k1) across

Row4: K1, (p2, k6, p2, k1) across

Row6: K1 (P2,C6b, p2, k1) across

Row8: K1, (p2, k6,p2, k1) across

Continue rows 1 - 8 for pattern.  Continue until desired length( I went up to 5 1/2 inches.)
Start to decrease your work and then sew in your seams and ALL DONE!

Once can get batteries for my camera I will be sure to put a picture up of the hat that I did today.  Please let me remind you that I found the cable pattern in the knitting book I have called 99 Stitches so please be sure to get it and check out all the fun patterns that they have!

Be Blessed & Be Inspired!!

No comments:

Post a Comment