Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful Thankful Thankful.

Well today is the first day of this week that I am starting up my thanksgiving preparations but thankfully the only thing that I have to get done are three different desserts.  My husbands Lime Cheesecake, Peanut butter Craze Pie, and Bite Size Sweet Potato Treats.  My momma-in-law and aunt are doing all the cooking this year so I'm going to enjoy it because I know that once we are in our home next year I will be doing a lot of the cooking for our home next Thanksgiving so I'm excited!!

I'm also a little teary eyed because this is the first big official holiday without my Grandma Dessie and I tried my best not to pay much attention to it but the closer Thanksgiving gets here the more I think about how different this day will be without her.  She will definitely live on in our hearts and our cooking because a lot of what will be prepared on Thursday comes from her so knowing that is comforting.  It's also comforting to know that my grandma isn't hurting anymore because, seeing how she was the last time I saw her was heart wrenching and I knew that it wasn't comfortable at all for her in the last moments of her life.

After she went to heaven something changed inside me to take the extra effort to be thankful for everything and everyone around me.  No matter how much they may annoy me or frustrate me, I'm thankful for them, and all the good times and bad times as well.  Everyday should be Thanksgiving but I'm excited to have one extra day out the year to make being thankful a holiday.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone, be blessed and don't take those who you love for granted.  This life is too short and precious for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment