Monday, November 5, 2012

FIGURING OUT THIS IMPOSSIBLE LOOKING PATTERN!!

Photo: I want you to make this for me someday...OKAY  So my sister in law asked me to make this for her sometimein the future and the first thing that I remember coming to mind is "of course I'll do this for her!"  But as time carried on and I realized what kind of stitch this project called for I started thinking to myself "what on earth did I get myself into and how am I going to make this work??"  Then I thought that I could just go online and find a free version of this and all would be saved but  OH BOY WAS I WRONG, because no one is offering this beautiful mermaid pattern for free.  Yes there are other mermaid patterns out there that are free but I did find one with the crocodile stitch. this picture on the right is from etsy.com
                                                                     
So as you know, if you read my previous post, i went ahead and started making a simple version and it came out CUTE but after showing my sister-in-law what I had come up with she STILL was set on this pattern lol. SO  After 12 long hours of figuring out how to work this stitch CORRECTLY  I finally figured it out!!

Well the cape version anyways which might be easier on the baby and the person who is dressing them, because you don't have to worry about tucking their feet into the fin, but just drap it over their legs whether they're resting on their back or belly.

So do I have a written pattern for you now?  NO but I do have a video that helped me  A LOT all throughout the day to help me figure out the number of stitches I needed and how to work this stitch properly.

The guy on the video will say that it's easier to use six stitches at a time but I used three stitches instead and that made things a lot more easier for me.  Once I finish this first tester fin, and share with you, i will then do my best to write out how exactly I managed to crochet this peace of art.  Please know that THESE PICTURES AREN'T MINE AT ALL BUT WERE FOUND ON ETSTY.COM SO PLEASE DON'T THINK THAT THESE ARE MINE. Just wanted to share them with you so you could see what I'm doing.  Here's the link to the video that answered everything that I needed to know.   

HINT:  When working on this project I automatically thought that I was to start from the top and work my way down to the bottom but when it comes to working this particular project work from the bottom up!  Best Wishes for everyone who's trying to figure this out.

Crocodile Stitch - How To Crochet

Mermaid Photo Prop
Picture I found on etsy.com

Be Blessed. Be Inspired.  Be Fearless.

No comments:

Post a Comment