Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Nostalgic Bliss Is Complete!

I am pleased to announce that the second afghan that I started for my collection has been completed earlier today!  I love the yarn that I used, which was lion brand pound of love, because it feels so plush and cozy:-)  The pattern took me a little over two weeks to complete and I plan on using this one quite a bit.  I still have to finish the yellow afghan that I started last month and I will once I can get a hold of the yellow yarn that I need.  Well I need to start dinner for the night and go over a song that I need to learn for practice tonight.  Be Inspired & Be Blessed!!

UPDATE:  I never got the chance to explain the journey of this blanket when I last wrote this blog because I was running to head off to go to church but now that I'm back for a short while I will try my best to explain what I thought of this pattern all around.  When I first started this I firs thought that it was going to take me FOREVER to finish this because it seemed to take a very long time to work up after a while.  That was probably due to the fact that this pattern is so repetitive, but it obviously didn't take that long in reality because I was able to finish it up in under two weeks.

The body of the blanket is made up of v stitches and clusters so long as you know how to chain, single crochet, and double crochet then you are all set to try it out.  The only obstacle for me was in fact the border.  It's very lovely and delicate looking but starting it was no picnic and I had to under my work and start again to make sure that I crocheted the right about of stitches and crocheted them as evenly as I can.

Instructions were pretty on point.  There were a few symbols in the book that I'm not accustomed to yet but with the help of the pictures in the book I was able to make an educated guess as to what I was supposed to continue to do when it came to finishing up the border.  And although there were instructions explaining how to read those symbols the instructions just confused me even more!  So I made educated guesses and finished well.

Who can try this out?  Anyone who knows the basics of crocheting can definitely do this project but if you are a beginner you might need to take a little extra time or ask for a little help to get the border started. Or you might just surprise yourself and do a fabulous job on your own.  If all fails you can always go on youtube because they almost always have very helpful tools to get you going.  Well That's my review on this pattern.  I'll continue to try different patterns out and let you know what I think!  Be Blessed & Be Inspired!!

No comments:

Post a Comment