Thursday, October 18, 2012

A lovely Earwarmer For My Lovely Girl.

Well I know that the fall weather hasn't kicked in quite yet out this way but I want to plan for when the weather decides to change on us so I wanted to get some crocheting/knitting done for my kids.  So I'm starting the day out with crocheting a lovely earwarmer/headband for my daughter.

I used redheart super saver yarn and a size k crocheting needle.

Ch. 37, hdc in back loop in second ch from hook all the way across.  slip st to beginning.
Ch 2, hdc in the back loop in first hdc and around.  I repeated this for 9 rows then I went ahead to bind off.

Embellishments.  After looking at several bow patterns I decided to try to make up a really simple pattern of my own.
 Bow: oh!  I used a size g 4.5 crochet needle.
Ch. 30, hdc in second ch from hook.  slip st in beginning ch.  Ch. 2, hdc in first hdc around, slip st in beginning ch.  Repeat for 3 more rows. DO NOT BIND OFF.  After you finish your last slip stitch ch. 27, wrap ch around to make a bow.  Once the bow is complete I sew it onto the band:->

No comments:

Post a Comment