Sunday, October 14, 2012

What's been going on!

I know that it's been a hot minute since I have written in you, but I've been trying to organize my agenda for this upcoming week.  And the reason behind that is because I have SO MUCH that I really need to get done that I didn't want to go into this upcoming week completely unorganized so something just had to be done.

What's the update?  Well My Best Of Terry Kimbrough afghan book finally came in this past Tuesday and i was finally able to pick it up from my in-laws this weekend so I am super excited to have it. I was expecting more afghans that I could work as a whole but I found that there are a lot of afghans that I have to work in pieces which isn't my favorite thing to do but I will not complain because there are some really nice patterns that I'm ready to try out.  As a matter of fact I just started an afghan from that book yesterday because I want to give the finished product as a Christmas gift to someone very special to me.

When it comes to the yellow baby afghan I'm on the LAST round of the border but it's taking FOREVER because of the type of stitch I have to do but it's looking beautiful.  I was hoping that I could have it ready by today but there was just too much going on so I'm going to be working on that throughout the day so I'm hoping that I can have it complete by sometime tomorrow.

The Latest!  Well being that we are now in the fall I finally started getting some request for scarves and hats and started on them right away!  The first fall article of clothing that I completed was an infinity scarf and the pattern that I used is the same pattern that I used earlier this year for previous request and for my self:-)  I used charcoal lionbrand super chunky yarn and I love how it came out.  It's super soft and pretty heavy which will be perfect for the cold Washington weather. Effortless Cowl

And Last but not least I started and finished up a cute hat for my cousin and she almost got jacked because the hat came out super C.U.T.E.  BUT being that this has to get to her I plan on making several for my kids and myself so we have matching hats for the season.  All I'm going to say is Santa hats!  Nough said!  Here is where to find this hat pattern Simply Slouchy Beanie 
What did I think of this pattern?  It's super cute and super easy to finish up.  It almost reminds me of how to work up the infinity scarf that I crocheted for my cousin.  Anyone that knows the basics of crocheting can get this done in a matter of hours.  Love the pattern~!

Well what's going on for the knitting ?  I am going to make another teddy bear blanket but in red and white so I"m super excited about that and that's about it for now.   Alright I gotta get ready for church so Be Blessed & Be Inspired!!

No comments:

Post a Comment