Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Cheerful Heirloom is Complete!!

I know that I called it sunny or sunshine heirloom but after finishing it I just felt that the right name for it is Cheerful Heirloom instead:->
For those who do not know where I found this pattern, I found it in one of the many books I own called "Keepsake Baby Afghans" from the leisure arts collection and I must say that I'm very happy that I stuck it out and finished the afghan and followed the instructions as closely as possible.  Now there were a few people that complained that their border didn't come out as ruffly as they expected it to and their borders did look a little flat.  So I don't know if I did something a little different or not but whatever I did I love it and I hope to continue to do it again.

What did I think of the written instructions?  I thought they were pretty forward when it came to the body of the blanket, but just like the nostalgic bliss, I had to look at the picture at times to make guesses to see what I should do because there were symbols that I just didn't understand.  If you are up to try this I have to warn you that the border is THE most tedious part this project and if you become tempted to just end your work early DON'T DO IT.  It'll be all worth it once it's done.

The Extras! 
I want to share the link with you so you can see what others did as well.
Heirloom Ruffles by Kay Meadors
The pattern didn't call for ribbon to be weaved in but after seeing a few people doing so I decided to try it myself and I"m glad that I did because the ribbon adds and extra touch of elegance.

Although this pattern is written in a baby keepsake afghan book this blanket can easily be gifted to a toddler or small child because of the size.  It can cover a crib easily so that's a great bonus as well:->

What am I up to now?  Well I'm working on an adult sized shells afghan for a family member, a shells baby afghan for my collection, and a few other baby items so I'm going to be busy for the duration of this week and weekend.  Well I have to get going so I will be back to share some cute ideas that I found online so Be Blessed & Be Inspired!!

No comments:

Post a Comment