Wednesday, September 12, 2012

New square is Knitted!

Well I just finished up my first square for the sampler afghan that I'm working on last night and decided to start my second square today.  I'm doing #19 from the book "99 Knitting Stitches" and it's coming out pretty good.  I goofed early on but it doesn't look too bad so I'm not upset about that.  I know that once this blanket is done I'll be forgiven.  This particular pattern calls for a cable needle but if you're desperate to try this without a cable you can always you a stitch older, safety pin or pencil, but please be careful not to stick yourself or drop the stitch.  It took me some practice time to get used to holding the cable needle but once you have the technique down then you're good to go.  Don't be afraid of cable needles because they are you friend in the end, especially when you're trying to knit up fancier looking squares/pannels

One may ask 'Where are the patterns of the day?', and the answer to that is that they are still out there some where in some magazine or or article found on the internet or in some other book.  I just haven't been looking to post my picks in a while because of life, BUT I think I'm going to go ahead and share a pattern with you today:->

Okay so to find the pattern of the day I went to crochetpatterncentral.com (yes today's pattern of the day is a crocheting pattern!  Change is good) and found a beautiful pattern called Blue Mandala Throw.  It's a star shaped afghan that looks to be good for decor or to have for the warmer months of the year.  click this to get to patter =>> Blue Mandala Throw

I haven't tried this pattern yet but I do plan on trying this soon for my kiddos.

Well the toddlers need a bath after their morning meal so please Be Blessed & Be Inspired..whoever is out there reading this.  Oh!  And if you have any suggestions for my pattern of the day please go ahead and let me know because I would love to try the pattern out and write about it here ASAP!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment