Monday, September 24, 2012

Another book Is Added To My Growing Collection!!

Yes you have read my title correct because my lovely book from my awesome husband came in today and I'm so excited to have it.  I've been searching the internet for over two years for fun and FREE patterns to try for my kids and collection BUT I always wanted books to reference to as well.  So to have this new one is so important to me and yes extremely exciting. 

The title of this awesome book is called "Best of Terry Kimbrough Baby Afghans" from the Leisure Arts collection and after doing a quick read through of the entire book the patterns look pretty awesome to try.  It seems to be a little more advanced than what I'm used to but I'm sure that I can handle it being that I've been crocheting since the beginning of baby loves life.  Now I'm still working on the yellow heirloom blanket but, being that I'm working through it pretty quickly, I'll be working from the new book hopefully towards the end of this week or weekend.

What pattern will be tested out first??? HMM...decisions decisions!  I wanted to make a blanket for my son and I also wanted to make a christening blanket for my collection so I'm still going back and forth on what to try first.  SO  If I decide to do the christening afghan then I will go with #10 which is named "Exquisite" but if I decide to crochet a blanket for my Bubba then I will have to go with 11a which is called "Lacy Ripple.  If you want to go on ravelry.com and look these patterns up you will see that there are quite a few other people who have tried these patterns out as well so if you want to see what the finished product may look like, if you plan to try one of these yourself, then please go check out their awesome work.

Well I have a daughter who needs to get her pj's on so we can have our story time so she can proceed to head of to bed to prepare for yet another fun filled day at school so please Be Blessed & Be Inspired!!

No comments:

Post a Comment