Monday, April 8, 2013

Sugar Cookies With Instant Vanilla Pudding! Can You Dig?

Well hello my handy dandy blog!  I just wanted to stop by real quick to share a photo of some cookies that I made last night with you.  Now I came up with this idea from looking at some pictures on pinterest.com and decided to try a recipe of my own:-)  So yes the outcome of last nights baking experience was something that I made up as I went along and,I SOO PRAISE THE LORD, because the cookies came out GREAT, SOFT AND CHEWY!  Not to mention my mommy and kids LOVED them so I'll be trying this again and if it's a success then I'll try to give you a rough draft of what I did lol.  I only say rough draft because I didn't really measure everything.  OH!  And the best part, to me anyways, is that it didn't call for me to use any baking powder whatsoever.  Now before I go on and give you some insight on what I did to make this so DELICIOUS.  I only mixed one batter of this together so it is still in it's testing stages so if something comes out a little off for you I'M SORRY lol.  I'm just writing down EXACTLY what I did the first time around because it came out YUMMY for my first time around so here's how I did it!!

What you need!
I preheated my oven at 400 but use your own discretion.
1 Vanilla Instant Pudding Family Size 5.10 oz
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 3/4 cup of sugar( rough estimate here)
extra surgar poured into a small bowl
1 1/2 sticks of margin(you can substitute if you wish with butter or whatever:-D ) 
2 eggs
A Pinch of Vanilla
Food coloring
Large mixing bowl and spoon/spatuala/whatever! :-) 

What I did!!
-I started off by adding my vanilla instant family size pudding and all of my other dry ingredients into the bowl and stirred it all together.
-Add a pinch of vanilla
-Melt  margin by placing the margin into a bow, place it into the microwave and sap the margin until it's almost completely melted
- Promptly added the food coloring to my melted margin and mixed it together until the color was well blended with the margin.
-Pour the colored margin into your dry mix and mix until everything is well blended together
-Taste dough to make sure that you are satisfied with the flavor of your dough because you're not going to want to do another taste test after the eggs are added.
-Add your two eggs by cracking the egg into a separate bowl/cup one at a time to ensure that you won't accidentally expose all your hard work to any BAD eggs.
-Mix well to make sure that the everything is blended well together, cover your mix and place mix in the freezer

BAKING TIME!!
-After greasing and flouring my baking dish I took about a golf ball size of dough, rolled it inbetween my hands then pressed my hands together to make my ball flat inbetween my hands.  I didn't flatten it completely just a little bit.
-Place flattened piece of dough in your bowl of butter and coat the piece of dough with sugar on both sides and then place on baking dish.
 -After filling baking dish/ cookie sheet with cookie dough bake four approximately 10 - 12 minutes.  This time may vary depending on how your oven works, how often you open the oven door, and your elevation so be sure to use your best judgement:-)
-After cookies are completely baked all the way through remove from oven and let them cool
-I tend to remove my cookies PROMPTLY from cookie sheet onto a plate or counter top covered with wax paper to help the cookies to stop cooking and to help them cool faster, so if you plan on doing this be sure to be VERY CAREFUL not to break or smash the cookies because they are the most delicate right out the oven.

Again I only tried mixing all of this together once but it came out GREAT for my first time around and the kids love it.  Let me know if I can fix anything!!  Oh!  If you use margin like me be sure not to worry about adding any extra salt since there is plenty of salt within the margin:-)  Be Blessed!




No comments:

Post a Comment