Saturday, April 6, 2013

Here's To My First Attempt At Making My Own Shea Butter Mix!!

Can anyone say success??!  Lol seriously though I LOVE how this mixture came out because it seriously made my hair very VERY soft and shiney:-) 

Before I get started on what I did, if you plan on trying this yourself make sure you have the following: 100% natural Shea Butter, the oil(s) of your choice, a bowl to mix everything together, a spoon and a container with a lid to keep your mixture preserved in.

So what all is in this mix and what did  do to get my finished product?  Well I started off by heading to my local beauty supply store and asked if they had in 100 % natural shea butter and they thankfully had several on hand.  So of course I HAD to pick up a small 8 oz container for myself so I could get this done.

When it comes to adding in the extras, I added my extra virgin olive oil, argan oil hair treatment from Morocco, which happens to be alcohol free, and I added a few drops of vitamin E oil as well.  Now I didn't add in a specific amount of oils to my mixture because it was my first attempt at doing this and I honestly had NO idea as to what I was doing lol.  ANYWHOO with that said my mixture came out to be a success!

What did my mixture look like before I let it set?  Due to the oils that I added to my mixture it went from being solid to very soft and runny, and while mixing it with a spoon I took the time to make sure that I got all the clumps since I didn't have a whisk or a mixer to do that for me.

How did I get my mixture to set nicely?  Well after I mixed my mixture until it was nice and smooth all throughout my bowl I put it inside my plastic container, put the top on and let it set in the freezer for half an hour and it was ready to go afterwards!  Super easy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment