Wednesday, October 7, 2015

THIS KNITTED BABY AFGHAN IS ALL DONE!!

Words cannot express how thankful I finally am to have completed this today because I've been wanting to be done with this project for almost a week now.  Knitting this afghan up took a little under two weeks to complete which isn't bad since I had to continually stop in between knitting sessions to take care of my kiddos.

All together I knitted 9 squares till my work reached a little under 11 inches and then proceeded to finish the square off, so my finished squares are a little over 11 inches in length each.  I haven't been able to measure this afghan yet, since it's in the dryer, but by doing simple math I can guess that this afghan that I made for my nephew is a little over 33 inches in length.  The border that I crocheted on this project wasn't included in my estimate so I'm sure that I'm looking more so at 34 inches or so in length.

I used a size H crochet hook for my border and the only thing that I crocheted up for my border was a round of single crochets for round one and a round of double crochets for round to.  It was that simple!

Once this lovey is fully dry and I have fresh natural light to work with I'll take more pictures of this sampler, so you can get a better view of this afghan from all sides, since most of the squares are different. So yes this is a a show and tell of my finished work and I hope my nephew enjoys!!




No comments:

Post a Comment