Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Developing A Green Thumb, Slowly But Surely.

This is a picture of my lavender plant about two weeks ago!

My marigold and lavender a few days ago :-D

Never once growing up did I ever think that I would actually think that I would growing a desire to try to create my own garden, but here I am doing so now and it's been pretty interesting.  I've had  A LOT of failures along the way and a few good successes in this adventure, so I think it's easy to say that I have a LONG way to go when it comes to knowing exactly how to garden.

The whole reason behind me starting my own garden little by little is that I'm simply tired of having to depend on stores to provide ALL of my wants and needs for my family and myself.  And when  I take a step back and really think about it, being that dependent on an outside source to provide our every day needs make me pretty nervous so yeah.  Yes there is a big chance that I may be overthinking a little bit or I may just be a little bit on the dramatic side but I can't run away or hide from the true feelings that I have.

My main goal is to have a small farm for our family where we'll have an abundance of fruits, veggies, chickens and at least 2 goats.  This may be an over the top goal that I have for us but it's something that I'm slowly but surely working towards.

So with that said, cheers to dreaming big!





No comments:

Post a Comment