Sunday, November 24, 2013

Updates: How My Hair Is Doing After My Henna Experiment & The Latest On My First Quilt!!!

Good evening readers!  It's been a great day and I'm feeling quite swell that I'm back to write to you before I head off to bed.  The reason why I wanted to take the time to write to you is because I wanted to update you on how my hair is doing these days and I also wanted to give you guys an update on my son's quilt.

How is my hair doing right now?  Well it's doing quite well at the moment.  I noticed earlier this morning before I left for church that my hair was SUPER which REALLY worried me so I took my hair down from my flat twist like I had planned and then pinned it up in a cute protective style for the day.  A couple of hours after I got home and once I was relaxed and not in a huge rush, I slowly began to take down my hair from my pins and started to apply some of my VO5 moisturizing conditioner, a Giovanni conditioner that I plan on reviewing on my youtube channel within the next couple of days, and Castor Oil all over my hair and scalp.  A plastic bag was then placed over my hair for close to half and hour and then I proceeded to rinse my hair out in the shower.  I didn't shampoo but just rinsed the conditioners out.

Once I was out of the shower I applied some of the Giovanni conditioner, shea moisture reconstructive conditioner and castor oil  back into my hair.  Then I twisted my hair in two strand twist and dusted (clipped) my ends, so after doing all of that my hair definitely feels  A LOT better today.  I'm thinking that the strengthening deep conditioner right after my henna treatment was a bit much for my hair but I must say that my hair does feel A LOT stronger now so that's a plus!

Now on to my quilting!!  You have no idea as to how excited I truly am to be quilting now and to be quilting for my children is such a joy.  It really really is:-)  Well I just about cut up all the fabric that I could, which is close to six yards, and I plan on going back to the fabric store on Friday to pick up some more fabric and other stuff so I can finish up this quilt and wrap it up for Christmas. I didn't wash my fabric before I got started because I NEVER wash my fabric before starting a sewing project and nothing bad has ever come out of that.  Now I'm not saying that other people should follow what I do, but I'm just being honest with you with what I'm doing on my end.

Well I really didn't think that I was going to be writing this much but I did so praise the Lord:-)  On a serious note I'm pretty sleepy so I'm going to sign off here so be blessed and I will be back soon.  Night night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment