Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What I've Been Up To Lately.




Well hello there and how are you doing?  Besides the nagging headache that refuses to go away I'm doing alright.  There are several projects that I'm working on now and several that I will be working on in just a couple of weeks.  The two projects that I'm working on at the moment are two lovely baby blankets.  The first one that I'm working on is the Teddy Bear Blanket that I'm making for a friend from church, and the second baby blanket is a cute baby blanket with boxes in the middle. After these blankets are complete I will be working on two things.  1) Baby boys' sweater and 2) The first of the four Halloween costumes that I have to get done so these two months will be pretty interesting for me.

When it comes to these two blankets there are several things that I did a little differently from the original patterns that were written.  For the teddy blanket I decided to add in extra seed stitches both on the outside of the blanket and on in between the bear motifs because the first blanket that I did came out a bit smaller than what I thought it was.

Now for the stylish squares blanket the pattern calls for five rows of seed stitches on the outside of the blanket so while I have five seed stitches on the sides of the blanket I only knitted in three, which isn't a big deal but it's something that I did differently

Now when it comes to the pattern for the Stylish Squares blanket I thought that the overall idea of the pattern was great but I found the written pattern itself very confusing and couldn't follow it so I ended up redoing the number of rows per box myself and would recommend for anyone else who would want to try this pattern to do the same thing.  It's just because the math seems a bit off but hey I could be very wrong.  Well I have plenty of knitting to get done and not a whole lot of time so I must sign off here.


Here's the website to the stylish squares blanket.  The teddy bear pattern should be linked in one of my previous blogs that feature the first teddy bear blanket I knitted.  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-stylish-square

Be Blessed & Be Inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment