Tuesday, March 25, 2014

MINI TWIST TIME!!!!!

SOO..My mini twist may not be THAT mini to some but I'm happy that I even attempted this protective hair style at all ya'll, because I really didn't think that I had the patients for it.  One side did end up more shrunken then the other and that was due to the fact that I worked one portion of my twist on extremely wet hair and the other portions of my hair were much dryer by the time I got to them.  What happened to spraying my hair with water?  I still haven't replaced the bottle that my son broke so yeah..but My hair still looks cute though!!  I mainly keep my twist pinned up some kind of way or wrapped under my turban so this style SHOULD last me at least two to three weeks so we will see:-)
 
What did I use?  I used a leave oil from Garnier Fructis and coconut oil to seal my hair, applied a leave in conditioner, applied castor oil to the large divided sections of hair and then added a generous amount of pure shea butter to the small section of hair that I was getting ready to twist.  Thankfully my hair is still pretty oily so the only thing I really have to do at this point is just add some water.  I don't want to make a video now of how I personally did it because I've only tried this style once and I feel like there's enough great videos about how to achieve this style.  But if enough people request it or I happen to change my mind then I will record a video of my mini twist process:-)
 
For the mean time check this video out to get more of an insight on how to get this style for yourself.   http://youtu.be/yRGBgVHFwmA

Well I must get going but have a great day and be blessed!!  I'll be back later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment