Thursday, March 13, 2014

How Often SHOULD You Deep Condition Your Hair???


 These two products are my deep conditioning staples because they make my hair feel AMAZING!



Well good morning readers and how are you doing this fine blessed morning?  I am pretty good and I wanted to quickly come to you with a quick post asking you how often should you deep condition your hair?


The reason why I wanted to write about this today is because I was reading a hair blog not too long ago, and the topic of the blog was how to take care of different natural hair types.  When it came to reading about my specific hair type, which in my opinion is 4C, they recommended that 4c naturals should keep their hair clean, moisturized, sealed ,conditioned and deep conditioned.  Sounds good enough right?   Well when I took a closer inspection as to how often a 4c natural women should deep condition their hair my mind was kind of blown by their answer.

So what's the suggested amount of times to deep condition 4c natural hair a week? They suggested that a 4C natural gal should deep condition THREE TIMES A WEEK!  Yes you read me correctly, THREE TIMES A WEEK!!!  Now to some this may seem pretty reasonable but for me this seems like a major overkill of the deep conditioning treatment.  Why do I say that for myself?  I say this because I personally tried deep conditioning my hair twice a week last year when I was first restarting my hair care journey, and not only did deep conditioning my hair TWICE that week make my curls limp and sad, but it also made my hair weaker and easier to break.  I've since then stuck to my golden number of 1 deep conditioning treatment a week:-)

So why on earth am I writing all of this to ya'll?  Well I wanted to get my point across that every natural hair woman's journey is going to be quite different from the other, so what may work for that lovely natural haired beauty to my right or left, may or may not work for me.  And that's perfectly okay!!  Am I telling you to not deep condition your hair multiple times a week?  From my experience with trying that on myself I wouldn't suggest it ,BUT YOU KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU SO DO YOU!

When trying to figure out what to do to your hair and how to care for it, look at your hair, feel your hair, learn your hair and assess what your personal hair is going to need.  Need ideas??  Then go on youtube, read different hair blogs,  and /or ask someone you know that will help you for advice.   BUT don't depend on all of these blogs,videos and people to figure out what's best for you and your hair, because you and you alone have the final say in what options will work best for yourself.

I didn't mean to write this much but I just wanted to share with you what I learned over this past year and I hope my lesson will be helpful to the next person who may come across this page.
Be Blessed and Be You!

No comments:

Post a Comment