Friday, September 25, 2015

FINALLY! MORE PROGRESS HAS BEEN MADE!!

Have you ever tried to master something but had the most difficult time doing so and, in response to that, became EXTREMELY frustrated????  Well that's been me for the past couple of weeks because I 've been having such a horrible time trying to figure out what my hair wanted and needed from me since it had started to break on me AGAIN.  Yes I said AGAIN.

Some months back, due to me having a new baby a brand new baby and taking care of my mom, I honestly had pretty much zero time for myself to breath, let alone try to take care of my hair, so I came up with a plan to wash my hair every two weeks instead to help save on time and to also save on products since we go through them rather quickly.  Within the first months my hair was doing well with the arrangement so I had no complaints but the last couple of weeks, before I made the big change, proved to be troublesome on my hair which resulted in some of my hair towards the front breaking.  And this doesn't include the breakage I experienced from my post postpartum breakage that I had!
 
So one to two weeks ago I decided that I was going to restart wash and deep conditioning my hair just I did before once every week.  Well I've been doing this for two weeks now and my hair feels like a completely different head full of hair because not only is it back to having some shine but it's very soft to the touch:-) 

There is no doubt here that I should have been deep conditioning more often and ESPECIALLY since I have color treated hair but again, I had to change things due the lifestyle that I had going on. But now that I'm in a different time in my life I know that it's time to continuing to practice the basic things that I was doing back when I first restarted my hair care journey and stick to it.

My hair hasn't been easy to understand but now that I'm understanding how to handle my hair with each day that passes, I'm getting that much closer to my ultimate hair goal which makes me super excited!  But until then I'm just happy to understand more and more with clarity on how to keep my hair healthy and strong.  So if you're one that's been having a hard time trying to understand your hair and you've been hitting a lot of road blocks with your hair, please be encouraged to not give up!!




No comments:

Post a Comment