Monday, January 6, 2014

Deep Conditioner Review: Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque.


Hey you guys!  I think I promised that I would write a review on the Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque BUT if I confused this product for another then I will be back to write another review for the original promised product.

So to get started I originally purchased this deep conditioner because I had planned to dye my hair with henna and I knew that I was going to need another deep conditioner to follow afterward so after shopping at Target for a good 15 to 20 minutes I decided to go with the product that's pictured above.  Now I hadn't heard to much about this product other than the fact that it was from the Shea Moisture line, and with that being a factor I didn't have any apposing thoughts to picking it up, since I love this line.

So what were my first thoughts when opening the jar?  My first thoughts pertained to the product being REALLY YELLOW (lol) and I thought that the conditioner smelled quite good.  I'm a big stickler on scent so if a hair product smells terribly, excluding henna of course, then I'm going to kick it to the curb.  The product looked thick but once I started to rub it in between my fingers and hair it thinned out quite a bit in my opinion.

How did I apply it?  I took medium chunks of my hair and applied the masque to my hair and once I was done with that section I twisted it up, and continued to do that all over my head.  When that was all done I took a plastic bag and wrapped it over my hair then took my slip and bonnet and placed them over the bag and left my hair under all that for several hours.  I then rinsed that out, added another conditioner, left it in for several minutes then rinsed it out of my hair and all was done!

What do I think about this product?  Well as I said before I really enjoy the smell  and I like that fact that  I was able to get 12 oz of masque for only $9.99.  It says on the jar that it's helps to heal grow and strengthen the hair and the one thing that I have seen in my hair since I've been using this masque is that my hair does feel a lot stronger.  My hair didn't feel super duper soft after rinsing this masque out the first day or the second or third time I used i BUT it did make my hair feel stronger.  All in all it leaves my hair feeling soft enough, keeps my hair strong, it's easy to apply and it's easy to rinse.

Do I plan on buying this product again?  YES!  

Well I hope that this quick review was of some help to someone out there that is considering buying this product for themselves but ya'll be blessed and I'll be back later with my post to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment