Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Chevron Flame Afghan Trial #1.

Hey there readers how are you guys doing?  Well being that this year started off pretty well, Thank you Lord, I'm doing pretty good.  I wanted to write to you this evening to let you know that I am once again knitting up another afghan.  This time around though I'm knitting a larger sized afghan for our family instead , and the reasoning for that is due to the fact that we are kind of low on our family blanket collection at moment! 


I decided to use a knitting stitch called Chevron Flame and I was able to find this stitch in one of my knitting books at home called 99 Knit Stitches from the Leisure Arts Inc.

How did I get started?  I calculated the number of stitches that I would need to be successful with the stitch and then I calculated how many stitches I wanted to add in for the border, and after that was all said and done I ended up with 167 stitches casted on my knitting needles.



I don't have all the yarn I need now but I plan on going back for yarn within the next couple of weeks since I'm so low on yarn now and even though I don't have pictures of my project now, I'm going to do my best to get some pics up for you soon!  Well I have a ton of work to do here so be blessed and talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment