Friday, May 25, 2012

My first Home Made Cake and Buttercream Icing!

Hello all I just wanted to share a recipe that I found online that turned out to be pretty amazing.  It all began when I decided to make a home made cake for my family because I was tired of depending on the cake box so I started looking for recipes online.  The search wasn't that bad and found a recipe that I wanted to try within 10 minutes.  And the best part of this recipe to me is the fact that I didn't have to go out and try to find cake flour because the recipe itself calls for regular all purpose flour!

SO with my babies help we made our first white cake and once the kids went to sleep I went ahead and made the icing.  I didn't go by any recipe except for  the one inside of my head.  I used confectioner sugar, vanilla and butter and added sugar and butter until the icing was thick and fluffy.

After adding some decorations and what not our cake not only came out looking decent, for our first try, but it tasted great.  Even my husband, who isn't a cake person at all, enjoyed dessert for the night!

I went ahead and try this recipe again and the cake turned out great but I didn't have enough sugar to make it as fluffy as I would have liked the the strawberry filling I did was a hit and Im sure my husband will be wanting another one soon!

Now onto crocheting!!  I'm currently working on a baby gift at the moment and will be talking about that in my next blog so I must get going to I can hop to it with the blanket.  Oh!!!  Here's the link to the cake recipe I tried.   http://allrecipes.com/recipe/simple-white-cake/

Be Blessed & Be Inspired!!

No comments:

Post a Comment