Friday, August 18, 2017

A Muddy Worm Cake For My Kiddos!!!

Well hello there!  I hope that you are having a great day or evening because I certainly know that I am.  I wanted to quickly share a cake that I put together last Friday afternoon for my kids before they got home, because of the simple fact that they've worked so hard in school and deserved an extra special treat.

What all inspired me to try this treat out?  Well besides them doing great in school, we had experienced some rain and due to that rain we accumulated a lot of mud in the backyard.  And when you have three lovely children who love to play in a backyard full of mud, they're most likely going to bring that mud in the house with them.  Now of course I was a little annoyed with the mess that they had brought in, but after cleaning up and going on with my day I quickly got over that little annoyance.  Not long after that I came across a video on Facebook that showed me how to make a muddy worm cake and I KNEW that I had to try this out for myself.

I'm not going to write down the directions but I will put a link in this post so that you can see the video for yourself if you choose to do so.

I can't remember what size pan I used for this cake so I apologize for that.  What I can say is that I was going to bake a home made chocolate cake but ran out of time so I went to the store and picked up a boxed chocolate cake instead.  After I followed the preparation instructions and finished baking the cake I put it in my freezer so that it could chill more quickly.  Once I felt that my cake had cooled down to the point to where it was no longer hot, I poked holes throughout my cake and placed some gummy worms in most of the holes.

This is where I made the icing with whipped cream and chocolate pudding, and let me just tell you that if you haven't tried this  type of icing then you don't know what you're missing!!  Everyone loved how light and fluffy this icing was and it just complimented the cake perfectly.

After I smoothed the icing on the cake and worms I took a few extra worms and placed them randomly on top of the icing.

The last thing that I did was I crushed some oreo cookies then scattered the crumbs all over the cake and this is what I got!  I love this cake because the crazier it looks the better it'll be and the kids go crazy for it!

If you want to know more about how to make this fun cake check out the link to the video that helped me out with this fun project.   https://youtu.be/9UnueuOe9Cg


Be blessed!!






No comments:

Post a Comment