Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Lacy Ripple By Melissa Leapman Is Complete!!!

Well hello there!!   I am so excited to be writing this blog post because I'm going to be sharing with you my latest baby project that I've completed as of yesterday evening!
My husband and I found out late last year that we would be expecting another beautiful blessing into our lives, so I decided that it would be pretty awesome to put together a blanket or two for her as my own personal labor of love for her.  I didn't feel like crocheting so I already knew that knitting up her baby blanket would be my best bet.

Well for starters the name of this pattern is called Lacy Ripple, the designer of this pattern is Melissa Leapman, and the book where I discovered this pattern is called Our Best Knit Baby Afghans Book Two by Leisure Arts.  I recycled a previous baby blanket that I had crocheted some years ago to put this pattern together and I'm glad that I did because this blanket really did come out lovely.  The yarn that was used for this is Lion Brand Pound Of Love and the color of the yarn is called Honey Bee.  This pattern calls for me to use two different sizes of knitting needles but I did not feel like having to go back and forth between the two, so I opted to use a size US 10 - 6.0 mm circular knitting needle.

The having to knit three together was the only thing about this pattern that I just did NOT like at all and that's probably the main reason why I opted to end this project when I did.  The pattern calls for me to knit this up to I get to almost 48 inches but I chose to knit this until I got to 40 inches, and then I begin that process of ending  this blanket.

Even though I became bored towards the end of this knitting adventure, I'm really happy that this came out the way that it did and I so much look forward to the day when my little sweet girl can use this for the very first time.  I go into more detail about my experience with this pattern on Youtube so if you want to see that video I'll leave a link below so you can go check that video out for yourself.


Be Blessed!!

Link to Pattern review! - https://youtu.be/A56DmYOJoME

No comments:

Post a Comment