Saturday, July 26, 2014

Knitting with Bernat Baby Blanket yarn!

 I couldn't find my cable needle so I used my stitch holder instead:-)

 Good afternoon! It's been a pretty hot and humid week out this way and I've been trying my best to keep my mind busy that way I can gracefully survive this summer.  So I decided to try to knit up a blanket for my nephew with a yarn that I had never tried to work with before and once I was able to really inspect the yarn I fell completely in love with it and pretty much decided to keep this blanket for our baby instead lol.   Yes my nephew got jacked BUT I do plan on making him one just like it so all is well and who knows I might just change my mind again and give this one to him and make another one for my son .

But onto what I'm doing with this project!  I've been on a knitting role for a while now and I have no plans of changing that anytime soon.  The pattern that I'm working with is on the Bernat company and I found the link to the pattern on http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/shadow-cable-baby-blanket
The name of this pattern is called Shadow Cable Baby Blanket and it calls for extra bulky yarn and a size US 11-8.0 knitting needles. 

So far I love the pattern and I love the yarn because it works up so quickly, but I do have to be honest and say that it is a bit of work working with this type of yarn.  But it may be due to the type of needles that I'm using.  

So this is my latest project and once I'm further along I'll be back to share more:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment